Monday, January 28, 2008

A Sunday Scare

The image “http://www.altham.com/assets/images/Heart_.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.So I get a call yesterday from my mother's cell phone, except it wasn't her. It was her friend calling to tell me that she collapsed at church with heart palpitations and chest pain. She was taken by ambulance to St. Mary's and that was all anyone knew. Feeling more than a little freaked out I rushed over to St. Mary's. She was ok, but still in pain and really out of it. The frustrating thing was that no one really knew what was wrong. All of the usual tests were coming back normal and the Dr. was trying to pass it off as normal heart palpitations. I have never heard of normal heart palpitations causing a surge in blood pressure and heart rate as well as chest pain. Have you? Anyway, I am just glad she was ok and by the time she was released she was feeling a little bit better. Hopefully a follow up visit with her Dr. will provide some answers.
Other than that things here are going fairly well. I have resigned myself to being pregnant forever. As of the last Dr. appointment I am a little more dilated but that is it. I think I have made this baby far to comfortable. Pass the hot sauce and bring on the lovin'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, I'm glad she is ok! I hope the doctor has some answers for what was causing it.

As far as little E...COME ON BABY!!! We are all ready for you!

Jen

~Becky said...

That's so scary, Rachel. I'm so glad to hear she's ok.