Monday, October 15, 2007

A Family Weekend

We had a nice weekend doing family stuff. Saturday we went to Tom Leonard's for pumpkins then Garden Ridge and had a plan to go to Busch Gardens as well. However, Busch Gardens was extremely crowded to the point where we would have spent the entire time waiting in lines rather than having fun. So we scrapped that plan and decided to go out to eat, then go bowling after in an attempt to salvage the night. It was a blast, I am so glad we did that instead of fighting crowds. I completely dominated at bowling. (which is weird because I generally suck) We did learn something though, bowling is freakishly expensive at 8pm on a Saturday night. Totally worth it though.
Sunday K had a softball game and after we ordered pizza and carved up our pumpkins. It was a great day in spite of the Redskins losing. That I will not even speak about. Here are some pictures of the pumpkin carving and resulting jack-o-lanterns.



K enjoying gutting a pumpkin
J's method of carving, who says you can't use power tools for everyday tasks?
K's silly pumpkin
Mom's ghost pumpkin (yes it is supposed to be a ghost people)
J's slightly depressed pumpkin





No comments: