Friday, June 20, 2008
Life with Two Kids
Before I had Evie I tried and totally failed to imagine how things would be with the addition of a baby to our family. Things had been essentially the same for 10 years. Kaileen, the only baby, was the center of our family. I wondered just how another kid would fit in and how the family routines would change. I will say that life with two kids is more hectic, louder, more chaotic and more fun than having an only child. I say more fun because I like a loud busy house and one of the reasons we wanted more kids was because the house was too quiet. (yes even with Kaileen in it) For some people a quieter house is ideal so more kids would be the opposite of fun. So what exactly has changed? Well, things like the whole family sleeping in late on the weekends and quick trips to wherever we felt like are a thing of the past. Personal space is also gone for me. I have felt the pull of everyone wanting a piece of me some days. As soon as I would get Evie down, Kaileen would want time and attention and as soon as I get her settled Jerry would want time and attention. I truly love it though. I couldn't have ever imagined it would be this wonderful to have Evie in our lives. It just really makes me happy and makes me want another baby. I haven't experienced the sibling thing yet and I want to. I am fairly positive that I am still an infertile. I will keep hoping but I am putting my faith in another round of Clomid to produce baby number three. Did I say three? Holy.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Are you crazy lady! I hope you have as many little feet running around as you want...you deserve it! :) Melissa
Post a Comment