Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Time to Lose It

I am making a huge effort to begin losing weight. I think I am going about this the right way. I am tracking what I eat and attempting to stay away from sugar and white flour. My goal everyday is to eat 1400 calories or less. I am trying to drink more water and eat smaller portions. I think I got into some bad habits after having Evie. I was constantly exhausted and was eating whatever was fast and easy. Also, when I am tired my body craves sugar for the quick pick me up qualities. This may be good for short term energy but long term it means fat. Since I am still tired I am still having to fight the sugar cravings but it is getting better. The main problem I seem to be running into is finding a way to fit exercise into my day. Evie is cutely demanding of my time and attention and when she is napping I have loads of house work that needs to be done or another kid that needs some time and attention. When Jerry gets home I am usually pretty tired and would like nothing more than to sit with him and relax a bit. Excuses, excuses I know. I just need to suck it up and figure out a way to get moving. Lately I have been putting on music and dancing with the baby. I figure it is kind of like weight training with a 13lb weight. She seems to like it. ;-)
I have a goal..I want to lose about 15lbs by the end of September or sooner. That will put me in a much healthier weight range and I will feel comfortable getting pregnant at that weight. I am not nearly as brave as one of my friends who actually posted her weight on her blog so you will just have to keep guessing as to what my weight actually is. I will, however, keep you posted as to my weight loss progress. (or lack thereof)
The kids are great, Kaileen is enjoying science camp this week and Evie is totally enamored with her feet. We don't have any big plans for the 4th this year. Maybe some pool action, a trip to the park and hopefully a whole lot of house organization. Man, it is good to know we are still wild and crazy kids and haven't gotten all old or anything....

1 comment:

Wren said...

You can totally make that goal! You have more will power then me to give up sugar!