Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Father's Day...To me?


My wonderful husband actually got me flowers and a box of chocolates on Father's day. He said first of all that no stupid greeting card holiday would tell him when to get his wife flowers (IE. Mother's day) and that if it weren't for me he wouldn't be a father to begin with. Then he expressed his thanks for his two beautiful daughters. I was a little misty eyed folks. The chocolates were even sugar free so as not to mess up my diet. He then proceeded to cook my family chicken wings on the grill. I see a PlayStation 3 in his future. ;-)
In Evie news, she has slept through the night three times now! She can also roll over from her back to her stomach but can't consistently roll back over from her tummy to her back. I have seen her do it a number of times but she seems to forget that she can and will fuss on her stomach until someone saves her. At which time she promptly rolls onto her stomach again and repeats the whole cycle. She has learned a whole new range of screeches and shrieks and loves to try them out in the car where we have no choice but to listen. Kaileen has spent many a trip trying to distract her with toys while Evie screeched happily into her ear.
Kaileen will be participating in a number of camps and classes this summer mainly dealing with science and art. (her favorite subjects) She will be starting public school in the fall and I gotta admit I am freaking out just a little. Mainly because she is so helpful and entertaining to the baby that I am wondering how I am supposed to make it without her next year. Then I have to remind myself that keeping her home to help with chores and babysitting is probably not in her best interest. ;-) She is going to public school because it is what is best for her. Homeschooling has been a great experience but as she gets older and our family changes it is no longer the best option for us. To quote Kaileen herself when I expressed my nervousness about her leaving me next school year..."Mom, deal with it."

No comments: