I think right around when Evie was three months my dreaded hormones kicked back in. Before that I had been flying high on post birthing bliss brought on by left over pregnancy hormones and lack of sleep. Now my regular sucky hormones are in full swing and I may even be PMSing. I am far moodier than I was, oscillating wildly between extreme irritability and happiness with some anxiety thrown in to boot. My hair is back to falling out and my skin is no longer glowing. My friends did warn me of this three month shift but I really think there is no way to prepare for it. I am planning, given my history, to ask my wonderful OB to do the full run of blood work on me just to make sure these sucky hormones are all within regular range. Until then, if I accidentally snap your head off or sob hysterically on your shoulder, please just bear with me.
Evie is doing great. She sleeps every night in her crib now and takes all her naps there as well. She can fall asleep on her own and usually only gets up once during the night to eat. Considering she is 4 months old and just around 12lbs I think she still needs her nightly feed. ;-) I still feel sleep deprived but am doing so much better.
When did the dog days of summer arrive? I thought we had another couple weeks before the extremely miserable Virginia heat arrived. Oh well, at least this year I am not pregnant for it. Yet anyway. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment