Monday, June 02, 2008
Evie Sleeps! (sorta)
Last night I decided that Evie needs to start sleeping in her own crib and start going to sleep at about the same time every night. This decision was reached after too many nights of her going to bed when I did and waking up all too often throughout the night fussing in my ear. Jerry was game (and so was Kaileen) so armed with a bottle of wine (and beer for Jerry) I made my plan. I would put Evie to bed at 8 and she would fall asleep on her own come hell or high water. Evie was unaware of my plan and fell asleep in the midst of eating at 7:30. Alas. So I put her in her crib and decided she would only get to eat once during the night and the rest of the time she needed to fall back asleep on her own. (previously she had been eating 3-5 times a night!!!) After all she is almost 4 months old. Sure enough she started to fuss about an hour after I put her down. Instead of running to get her at the first peep as I would usually do I gritted my teeth and decided to let her cry. (or self soothe as we like to call it) She fussed for less than a minute ya'll and fell right back asleep. This happened once more about two hours later. At about 2am I heard her making noise, not really fussing, so I went in to check on her and she was wide awake. I figured she was hungry after I heard her tummy growl and sure enough she ate a good bit. Then I was stumped..here she was wide awake and in a good mood at 2am. What do I do? I firmly resolved that she was going back to sleep whether she liked it or not. I closed Kaileen's door and put Evie in her crib. I laid back down anticipating the screams to come. I must have drifted off while waiting for the screams that never came because I woke up this morning at 6am and rushed into her room to check on her. She was sleeping like an angel. She must have just drifted off as well after I put her down. She did the same thing this morning for her nap but I am not counting any freakin chickens yet. We will see how the rest of this week goes. I am hopeful however. So tired but so hopeful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment