Monday, March 26, 2007

The Most Awesome Weekend Ever!

We had the most awesome weekend. Saturday I got my car inspected (not as much fun but very needed as it was well overdue!) and then we went to K's softball practice and first scrimmage. It was so much fun to cheer the kids on and see how well they all did. I think we are going to love the games. The only downside was that my lily-white skin got a terrible sunburn in the hour and a half we were out there. Sadly, I was not blessed with the good Native American genes like my husband and daughter are. (who by the way just got a little tanner and blonder in the blazing sun) My super fair English skin is meant to be under a parasol at all times. I wonder if the other parents would laugh if I brought one to softball practice. Maybe next time I will just wear sunscreen. Anyway, after the scrimmage we went out for ice cream and then came home to play in the backyard together. Sunday we went to Busch Gardens for like 5 hours and the weather was perfect. K played one of the games against an older boy and his mother and won! She won a giant stuffed dragon and was so thrilled. She also rode the Big Bad Wolf (much to the amazement of her parents) and declared that "it was awesome but I am never going on it again!". Hehehehehe, we may have forgotten to tell her about the hill. Oooops. So that is a summary of our fabulous weekend. Hope everyone had one equally as good! Happy Monday!

No comments: