Monday, April 02, 2007

Not Ready for April

WTF people! Where did March go? I was just starting to get into the swing of things. I am not ready for Easter yet or all of the other activities that go along with April. Gaaah! At least my taxes are done.
So Saturday night we went for dinner at our wonderful friends' house and I was introduced to the Godiva chocolate martini. Mmmmmm...yummy. :) When I was polishing off my third one something occurred to me. I have become a lightweight. I drink occasionally in my old age but cannot hang like I used to. This realization hit me about the time the room started to spin and I began dancing to 80's music. (at least I think there was 80's music) Sunday I was reminded just how much I cannot hang anymore and felt all of my 64 years. (that is what it felt like in my head anyway) My ever loving husband was very amused but spent the day laying on the couch with me watching Deadliest Catch reruns to make me feel better. He is so thoughtful.
In other family news, K begins her softball season in earnest with her first game tonight. We are very excited. We have promised her we will only do a little face paint and keep the screaming to a minimum. I will be taking lots of pictures and will post some later if I have time.

No comments: