So Monday Evie had her two month checkup. I totally wussed out and made Jerry go. :) I decided to space out her shots a little bit and only get two at a time. I figured it would be less discomfort and side effects for Evie but also I have a slight problem with putting that many chemicals at once into a tiny baby. I know the vaccines are important and she will have them all, they will just be delayed by a month or two. No big deal. I had informed the Dr. (and the nurse) of this on a previous visit and although not thrilled with the idea, they were agreeable. But of course when Jerry went he had to practically fight with them to only get the two shots. They claimed they had no idea that is what we wanted. That kind of irritated me. I know it is because we are doing the vaccines a little differently and Dr's hate that. But come on people! It isn't like we are some radical hippies that aren't vaccinating at all, I just have a few concerns. However, in spite of my concerns, Evie was fine and suffered absolutely no ill effects from the shots. She didn't even fuss that much when they gave her the shots. She is a healthy and thriving baby. She weighs a whopping 10lbs 11oz and is 23.5 inches long. Both of my girls are incredibly long and lean. I really don't know where they get that DNA from seeing as Jerry and I tend towards the shorter and wider gene pool. We do have long, lean and beautiful siblings so maybe we carry those genes recessively. ;)
I am in the midst of planning out our summer and enrolling Kaileen in all kinds of camps and classes. I am sure we will all go stir crazy this summer but I am doing my darnedest to prevent that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment