We just got our driveway paved today and it looks great!! I am so happy we had it done. I have to admit I was really nervous about hiring someone to do it. We are not the kind of people that hire people to do things for us. I don't have a cleaning service or a yard service. When we have remodeling or house projects that need to be done, we do them ourselves. So it was a little weird to get someone else to do a project for us. I am really happy with the way it turned out though and it was nice not to have to give up our weekend and work on it ourselves. I can certainly see the benefit of hiring someone else to do all the work. ;)
Jerry is working like ALL weekend this weekend and I am planning on losing my mind. Kaileen has her softball tournament and I am not sure how sitting out in the hot sun with a baby for two hours twice a day is going to work. Kaileen....is that a cough I hear?
Speaking of Kaileen, she really is an amazing kid. She is going through what I hope is a permanent phase. She is helpful, sweet and cooperative. (big change from the last phase) The other day at the grocery store she helped me shop, check out, bagged the groceries herself (!!!!!!), loaded the car, unloaded the car and put the groceries away. Now granted this was not the main weekly trip but it was still a pretty big trip. The best part about the whole thing was that I didn't even ask her to help, she just did. She is a great big sister to Evie. She helps me with everything I need and spends time playing with Evie and entertaining her. I was outside with Evie on the deck getting some sun and she brought out Evie's seat and a bunch of toys for her to play with saying "this might be more fun for her". Then she proceeded to play with her little sister. Too cute! Sure the tween drama is still there but I can deal with that as long as I can keep getting a little of this.
Evie is going to be getting some sleep training very soon. She is still wanting to eat about twice a night and won't sleep much in her crib. Four months is going to be a very rude awakening for her. Mama needs a full night of sleep and frankly, so does she. Other than some minor sleep issues she is doing great. Today she has the 2nd half of her shots which sucks, but at least I will get to see how much she has grown.
That is all I can think of for now. I am going out to stare at my driveway some more....
No comments:
Post a Comment