Friday, October 06, 2006

Hairy Moments

Last night was a little stressful as far as evenings go. I was attempting to make K some soup on the stove when the burner inexplicably caught fire. As the flames leapt up around the pot, my first instinct was to save the pot by yanking it off the burner and spilling boiling water everywhere. Then the flames went even higher and I began to fear for the microwave. (located above the stove) My cool headed response to this crisis was to shriek and then stare at the fire willing it to go down. (which it did thankfully) I suppose if it had gotten worse I would have used the fire extinguisher or called the fire department. The unfortunate part of all of this was that J was on the phone with me and heard the entire fiasco. I don't think he has stopped laughing since. Then, believe it or not, the evening got worse. We (K and I) discovered that some of the upstairs had no power. This has happened once before and it was the circuit breaker. I went and reset the circuit breaker...nothing happened. Then the whole house went dark. The power was cut off from all but two of the rooms. (which happened to be K's room and bathroom, weird) At this point I was sure I was cursed and was afraid to touch anything else so I called J to come home and save us. After much exploration he has deduced that the wiring for one of the rooms and half of the other room is bad and we may have to call an electrician. SIGH. So that was my evening people. Needless to say I had several glasses of wine to cope with the stress. Anyone know an electrician?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I fixed it . Bad neutral wire.