Thursday, September 21, 2006

I LIVE!!!!!!

I have survived the terrible ordeal and I hope to never have to go through it again! I am recovering nicely. Thank you so much to all our wonderful friends and family for their love and support. The dinners rocked out loud, a girl could get used to that. ;) My friends are wonderful cooks and the ones that aren't have impeccable taste for selecting delicious pre-made foods. All in all the whole thing went as well as could be expected. The Dr. got all of the tumor and it looks like it was the nicer of the two possible tumor types it could have been. No radiation treatment for me. Yay! Now we just have to wait and see how my pituitary does. I am hopeful it will resume full function on it's own. However, it has proved to be rather stubborn in the past so it may need some convincing. Nothing to do now but take it easy and wait and see. Grrrrrr. I hate doing that. The truth is that despite my carefully crafted image of being laid back to the point of narcolepsy, in reality I am a wound up control freak. I hate having to wait and I hate doing nothing even more. My daughter was laboring under the impression that all of my crazy quirks would be removed along with the tumor. I quote " Mom, I thought when they took that grape out of your head that the crazy cleaning obsession you have would be taken out too!" end quote. Needless to say she is in for a rather rude awakening. Mwhahahaha.

Today we attended our first homeschool co-op. It was great and both K and I had a blast. There are many field trips and activities in the future with this group and I am very excited. She will start her theater group next week and has already started her church class. Once a week we will also go to Williamsburg to participate with family in a girl-scoutesque course where they will learn about nature and life skills. (kind of an online club the kids will do together) Also once a week (if we can squeeze it in) we will get together with another family to do a history lesson and project together. With all of this we will still do school at home and take many trips to the library. Needless to say we will be busy!

Anyway, all this typing is making me tired. Love to all.

No comments: