Monday, September 11, 2006

Why Must Vacation Always End?




Well, I have returned from vacation, much to my dismay. We had a lovely time and the weather actually cooperated. Ernesto hit the week before us and the new hurricane is supposed to hit this coming week. We spent just about every day we could on the beach and every night partying hard. I learned to play Texas Hold'em thanks to a certain someone who is a little obsessed. :) [you know who you are!] The only really rainy day we had we took a trip to the aquarium, so it was not a complete waste. All in all it was very fun and relaxing. We had a great time with our friends and the kids had a blast too. I have been depressed since we got home, although to be fair, some of the depression may be related to something other than vacation ending.

Just for an update on my impending doom.....the surgery is scheduled for 12:45 tomorrow. I expect to be home by Wednesday.[if all goes well] My only concerns are these, that K will feel insecure and possible be upset that she is being farmed out for three days without really seeing either parent and that I will not be drugged heavily enough to erase these three days from my memory. I would like to whiz through this procedure in a haze of pain free cloudiness and get on with my life as soon as possible. On the other hand, there are a couple of potential pluses I see as a result of this surgery. The first is that due to a forced liquid diet for a few days and copious amounts of drugs I fully intend to lose weight. The other would be hopefully not feeling like arse for the first time in a long time. That I am really looking forward to. That and once I feel better I am going to the beach with my girlfriends for the weekend, which will be freakin awesome! Well, I must go prepare for total chaos this week and I will probably not be able to post for a little while, but I promise as soon as I feel better I will tell you the tale of horror that I am about to endure. In the meantime, here are some pics from vacation to keep you occupied. :)

No comments: