Sunday, August 14, 2005

Here We Go Again!

Well folks, believe it or not I am changing jobs again. I was offered a position at a title company doing closings and title searches, so I accepted. "Why are you leaving Carmax?", you may be wondering. Well, I do like Carmax but I like a twenty thousand dollar pay raise much better. Nuff said. Oh yeah, and a real career in an industry that I have been wanting to work in, as well as paid conferences, paid training and certification, three and a half weeks vacation from the start and a very generous 401k. Needless to say I am excited. For those of you who speak to people who I know but who don't read this blog, please don't say anything. I want to break the news myself! Thanks, I knew you would understand. :) So now I have to tell my boss that I am leaving. I kind of feel bad because my New Hire Celebration is right around the corner. Also I just had an evaluation and they are absolutely thrilled with me. Oh well, they should have listened to me when I asked for more work to do!

Needless to say Jerry is thrilled with the prospect of more money as he has a burning desire to learn Spanish and can only be taught by a 400$ course. I on the other hand had noticed my wardrobe was becoming rather sparse and welcome the means to repopulate it. Of course Jerry thinks I got another job so I would have to buy new clothes and thereby have no choice but to spend us into the ground so I could look good. Hmmmm, is it the chicken or the egg?

No comments: