As most of you already know, I have been dealing with a pesky little (well actually it is quite large) tumor on my pituitary gland that makes me want to sleep all day and watch sappy movies all night. After yet another enjoyable MRI, we (meaning the doctors, lab tech's and generally anyone that is not me) have discovered that the tumor is in fact NOT attached to the pituitary and doing the opposite of shrinking despite all the medications best efforts. The tumor is what the doctor called cystic and smooshing (my word, not hers) the hapless pituitary gland off to one side. This in turn is causing the pituitary gland to shut down and effectively putting me into a state we like to call menopause. Yep, due to lack of rather necessary hormones I am experiencing all the joys of menopause at the ripe old age of 25. (ok, ok 28) So at this point the only apparent solution is surgery. I am meeting with a neurosurgeon next week to discuss the issue and potentially schedule a good week for me to be sliced and diced. Although I don't know if there will ever be a good time for that. Anyway, that is the latest news with me.
On a happier note Jerry's car broke down and we may have to replace the clutch. Everyone I have spoken with has been so comforting with quotes like "hope you have thousands of dollars on hand because that is how much it costs" and "that sucks, my friend had his replaced and he lost his house because of it". Ok, maybe I was exaggerating there, but not by much. Hmmm, maybe I should stop blogging now, I am starting to sound a little bitter.
No comments:
Post a Comment