Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Shocked
So as of just under 39 weeks the ultrasound showed this baby to be just around 9 pounds. Yep, you heard me right, 9 pounds. WTF? Neither of my other kids even got to 7 pounds so to say I am shocked is an understatement. Even more shocking was my Dr.'s wholehearted recommendation that I get a c-section to deliver this gigantic baby. I think I laughed in her office because I couldn't believe it. Here I am planning on this all natural, super quick vaginal birth and I get told that will put the baby in unnecessary risk. To be perfectly honest my gut reaction was, well fine, do the c-section so the baby will be safe. That is ultimately what decided it for me. After much crying and agonizing over the right thing to do, it came down to that gut reaction. (and the fact that I really trust my Dr.) I would rather assume the risks with a c-section than have the baby be at any risk. Still, this really sucks. Recovering from a c-section is so much worse and longer and I have the curse of knowing just how easy a vaginal birth can be, thanks to Evie's delivery. I am a worrier by nature so this just keeps getting bigger and worse in my head. However, the goal is a healthy baby and safe delivery and I just have to keep that goal in sight. This chunky monkey is so going to be worth it.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment