Well, we have been stricken with the dreaded swine flu this month....tween picked it up from somewhere. Fortunately for us so far she is the only one to get it and it seems to be pretty mild. I am crossing my fingers that Evie escapes it because she is one MISERABLE child when she is sick. The tween is very stoic and handles illness just fine.
This has been a good month other than the flu....wonderful weather and lots of family time to enjoy it. I am about 35 weeks pregnant at this point and my belly is huge! The baby is very active and for the most part I feel fine. I am sleeping well, eating well and my energy is ok. I get tired much more quickly after any physical activity but that is to be expected when you have a giant watermelon in your belly. (or a baby for that matter) I am beginning to feel the clock ticking though and I am trying to get as much done as possible before Thanksgiving. All of the Christmas gifts must be bought (I am about halfway done) and cards must be addressed. There is baby stuff to be washed, stuff to be cleaned, rooms to be painted and sinks to be replaced. Yes, household updating is part of my nesting.
One kind of sucky thing is that my kids will not be able to come visit me in the hospital. :-( With the outbreak of the flu, hospital policy says children under 18 cannot visit. I am worried about being away from Evie for 2-3 days and then coming home with a baby in my arms. I am hoping it is not too traumatic for her...
Halloween is coming this weekend and we are going to a festival at Evie's preschool with some friends. I am really excited. Evie will be a bee, thanks to a free costume from another dear friend. (will try and post pics later) Kaileen has stated that she is too old for any Halloween activities including dressing up or trick-or-treating. She just wants to chill with lots of candy and a scary movie. (sigh) They grow up so fast....
No comments:
Post a Comment