Monday, September 28, 2009

12 Years and Some Nice Rambling

My wonderful hubby and I are coming up on our 12 year wedding anniversary. We have decided (with the agreeable help of my wonderful mother) to go away for the weekend to a resort hotel at VA Beach. I am so looking forward to it, it is not even funny. As you have probably surmised, I don't have much of a life right now. Being hugely pregnant with a very active toddler ( read temper tantrums and food everywhere) and a school age child (read attitude and homework) I don't get to go out and have fun very often. Now mind you, I am not complaining. (well maybe just a little) This is the life I chose and the life I love (most of the time). However, it is nice to every now and then go out as an adult and remember that I am more than just a maid, chauffeur and chef. I can also be a fun friend or sexy wife. Although the sexy wife part is put to the test being just about 8 months pregnant for sure. ;-) The thought of sleeping as much as I want, going out to a nice restaurant and taking a long hot bath in a big ole jacuzzi tub is actually making me drool a little onto my keyboard. Did I mention I was excited?
Oh yeah, the kids. The toddler is cute as ever and in a one day a week preschool class. She is doing very well with it and I think it is such a great thing for her ,not to mention me. The tween is doing well in school and making new friends as well as reconnecting with some old ones. I am really liking this school and all they have to offer.
Jerry has been working a ton and that has been a mixed blessing. Mostly we are grateful for the abundance of work in these economic times but sometimes I could really use him around the house more. He is hanging in there and trying not to get totally burned out before the baby comes. We are pretty much ready for this baby...it has a name, a place to sleep, a car seat and clothes. What else does a baby need? My friends are throwing me a lovely brunch to celebrate this pregnancy and I am so looking forward to it. Not to mention incredibly touched at their thoughtfulness.
I am sure this post is completely incoherent and all over the place but I am tired and pregnant so this is the best you're going to get. Deal with it. ;-) Hope all is well with you and yours!

Will post pics as soon as I get batteries for my camera....

No comments: