Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Halfway


Today I am officially 20 weeks pregnant. This is traditionally considered the halfway point. While this blows my mind, December still feels a really long way off. The good news is my feet and cankles are better. The swelling has gone down and the pain is virtually gone as well. Thank God. The bad news is I am still so tired. However, I don't know if that is because I am pregnant or chasing a very active toddler all day. Maybe a little of both? I go in for the big ultrasound at the end of the month but as of the last ultrasound, we are pretty sure it is a girl. :-) I am thrilled and so excited for Evie and Kaileen to have a (or another) little sister. Also I can reuse Evie's wardrobe. I am sure boys are fun and different and blah blah blah, but I am happy to be having girls. Jerry is also very happy and just a tiny bit frightened of what having three daughters will mean for him. He is such a great, loving and hands on daddy though. All he ever wanted was a passel of kids....wish granted!
In general household news, we will be going on a short vacation at the end of the month to the Carolina coast with the in-laws. Should be fun but I am slightly concerned with being in a non-childproofed house with a crazy toddler for a week. Hopefully she will be so exhausted after playing on the beach everyday she won't have the energy to get into much mischief. (yea right!)
The tween has been thoroughly enjoying her summer with trips to the pool, movies and some fun play dates. She has a mini camp coming up where she will learn about computer animation and make her own little movie. She is pretty excited.
Ugh, I have to go because a certain tyrannical toddler (who shall remain nameless) just poured salt all over my carpet. And now you see why I never update this blog anymore! ;-)

No comments: