Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Things as they are now...

So things have been a little busy and my blog has once again been sorely neglected. I want to keep up with this blog better because it records our family life and I love being able to go back and look at what was going on . Life is insanely busy with three kids, like way more busy than with two. Jerry and I are definitely feeling the lack of down time or alone time. Don't get me wrong...we love our life and in most respects this is exactly what we wanted, in fact, if we had a bigger house and more resources another kid would not be out of the question. (you can stop shaking your head now) We adore our children but I would be lying if I didn't say sometimes it can be a little overwhelming. Dealing with a baby, toddler and a tween on very little sleep is challenging sometimes. We are very fortunate however to have a very easy baby, a very good two year old and a tween who is not yet into boys. ;-) We also replaced all the flooring downstairs in our house with solid hardwood (poor Jerry did all the work himself!) so that makes cleaning a heck of a lot easier. All in all I think we are managing pretty well but it is a tight rope walk. Any little thing, such as the baby getting sick or the toddler deciding that 5am is a good wakeup time, can derail the whole operation.
We have also recently discovered that my pituitary tumor couldn't imagine life without me and has returned. A second surgery to evict it is predicted. Not sure how that is going to work with the aforementioned three kids....stay tuned for more drama. ;-)
This summer is looking like Romp*n*Roll camp, horseback riding, pool, some playdates, lots of cookouts and ending with a vacation. I am tired already and need a glass of wine...








2 comments:

Linsey said...

Cute kiddos you have! Yes life is busy but like you said wouldn't have it any other way! I am so sorry about your pituitary tumor, doesn't sound fun. I hope everything goes smoothly and you find the strength you need to deal with your little loves during the whole thing!

Cynthia said...

you manage the intense schedule with ease! Love the last photo!!