Yesterday was so nice. For starters, Evie slept in until 9:30 so that means I did too. :) We all had a leisurely morning. Evie then slept most of the day so I was able to paint the kitchen , make cookies from scratch with Kaileen and spend some quality time with my husband. It was rainy out so there was no pressure to get out and "do" anything. It was just the perfect Sunday. Saturday was a great day too, come to think of it. I hosted a pizza lunch with my fabulous girlfriends while Kaileen and Jerry were at her softball game.
I am feeling so happy and healthy these days I am starting to wonder if I am in some alternate reality. I have spent so many years feeling exhausted and crappy that I am trying to really enjoy feeling good right now because I am afraid it will go away. I felt more tired every day being pregnant than I do now after a night of no sleep. I feel like my hormones are on track for once and my brain is beginning to function again. I really hope this lasts.....
In general family news I am so loving my children. Kaileen is growing into a young woman before my eyes (OMG ya'll!) and Evie is growing into such a little ball of fun. We have our good days and bad but not one day goes by that I don't look at my kids in awe and feel so thankful to have them in my life.
Alright, enough with this insanely happy crap...what can I bitch about? How about the fact that everything is so damn expensive these days? How about the fact that I am thoroughly disgusted with our government? For the people, by the people my ass. Remember when we were a nation that fought for independence from tyranny over taxes? If our forefathers could see how much we are taxed now on everything we own, buy, sell and earn they would totally rebel. Seriously. Ok, ya'll know I am not really that political so I will stop inciting rebellion now. Hope everyone has a good week.
3 comments:
I am glad to hear things are going good!! I hope we see you again one day. I am so happy that you do this blog thing or I would not know what was going on with you at all;) Christy sodan
Rachel I still think you should go into writing..you have such a gift and an engaging way with your writings. And no, it's not because I'm your mother that I say this. I know good writing when I read it!!
Love,
Mom
I am so proud of you I could burst!
HEY,
Cool Blog ! I will have to try and check it often,
Tell J to call me and drink a beer sometime!
Uncle S.
Post a Comment