Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Celebrating the 3rd of July

I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend. We certainly did! Our plan was for a long relaxing lazy weekend (which we rarely get). Saturday we went to the pool then went out for ice-cream. That evening we enjoyed a nice relaxing movie. On Sunday the plan was for our good friends to join us for a laid back cookout. Several daiquiris and beers later, we found ourselves carousing in the street( me, carousing!Can you imagine it?) and P put on a manly display of fireworks the likes of which this neighborhood had never seen before! It was awesome. Our neighbors, however, could not handle such awesomeness and had to call in the law. The cops rode up menacingly on their bikes. Luckily for them we had just finished(yeah). We blamed the whole thing on the kids and the cops shooed us inside with the dire warning"Save it for tomorrow folks and have a nice evening" still ringing in our ears. Shortly after that Kaileen put herself to bed and the party abruptly ended. Needless to say Monday was a day of healing for all households involved.

In the everyday news, work is still great and Kaileen still loves camp. Jerry rocks as usual. I have decided to end the blond era in my life for the time being. I am going back to natural, so don't be shocked when you see me. If it looks any different at all I will post a pic. :) Love to you all!

No comments: